Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Atomic Aprons [Review]

Attention ladies (and possibly gents): want to look cute while being domestic? "Atomic Aprons" has lovely handmade full and half-aprons in a variety of beautiful fabrics. Miss Molly is the creator of these pieces and has a great sense of style. I love the choices she makes when mixing various patterns on her aprons. She even won a contest on Burda Style with her work. Take a look at some of my favorites that are currently in her shop before I tell you about my own Atomic Apron.
 

  

  





The apron that I would like to share with you today is an Anna Maria Horner Good Folks Festival Dusk / Cathedral Dusk Half Apron. Anna Maria Horner is one of Molly's top favorite designers! I enjoy the versatility of these colors and the unique patterns. It arrived nicely wrapped up, perfect for giving as a special gift to someone or treating yourself. This apron is sewn very professionally. I see it lasting a long time, through many cooked meals and plenty of cleaned dishes.
On Molly's more recent apron designs (this particular apron being one of them), there are also hidden pockets. These come in handy for a variety of things, from holding a duster to kitchen utensils or sewing supplies. The high waist and the obi belt are fantastic additions these aprons. I like that they have the ability to tie around and make a bow in the front. Very sweet! The kitchen seems much more pleasant with such a pretty and well-made apron.

If you would like to find out more about Atomic Aprons and Molly, 
follow her on facebook!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this fab review Samy- you really made my day!
-Molly aka AtomicAprons

Samy said...

It is my pleasure, Molly! Keep up the fabulous work. :)

JCB Design Studio said...

Those are the cutest aprons! Great review!

JCB Design Studio said...

Those are the cutest aprons! Great review!

Samy said...

They are lovely! Thank you for the compliment, JCB. :) I appreciate that.